The washing machine is among the most valuable appliances any home should have. It saves us a lot of time and energy when doing our laundry. We enjoy the use of this technology because it allows us to maximize our time and focus on other matters instead spending the whole day washing our dirty clothes by hand. With just the push of a button, clothes are cleaned and dried. You can even cook your meal; clean the house or just watch TV while waiting for your laundry to finish. Anyway, just to show you how it is installed, let us share with you this DIY guide.
1. If the washing machine is just a replacement for an old unit, there should be plumbing lines available for it. Otherwise, new lines must be installed and prepped for the washing machine. To guarantee that the supply pipes are installed the right way, homeowners should seek the assistance of licensed and trained plumbing professionals.
2. Before installing the new washing machine, the water supply valve must be shut off.
3. Now read the instructions manual that came with the appliance. Special, model-specific instructions should be followed to ensure that the machine will work properly. The washing machine must also be handled with care and carried by two people to prevent dropping or any sort of accident that may cause damages on the unit.
4. Check the water supply lines. Get rid of old PVC tubes and use the new supply lines that came with the package. The pipes should be color coded — blue for the cold water line and red for the hot water line.
5. While the supply valve is off, connect the pipes accordingly. Make sure that the connections are tight and leak-free.
6. Once the supply pipes are connected, the washing machine’s hose should be connected to a drain pipe. This is where the gray water will be disposed of when the washing machine is drained. Common installations involve the use of a stand pipe that is equipped with a trap. The unit’s hose should not be connected too tight. It should be a little bit loose to avoid backups and should also be at the least, two feet above the floor.
7. Connect the drain hose to the main drain pipe. Put the washing machine in place. Attach the supply lines, too.
8. Connect the washing machine to a working electrical outlet. Fill the washing machine with water and then turn it on. Run it for one cycle just to test if it’s working right. Drain the washing machine and ensure that there are no leaks. Voila! The washer is installed.
We hope that we have shown you how the washing machine plumbing is installed. If you need assistance with a new unit, just call the most trusted Silver Springs plumber to install your washing machine. Plumbers 911 Washington DC provides reliable plumbing services in Silver Springs MD including plumbing appliances installation, plumbing fixture repair, water heater repair, faucet repair, home remodeling and many more! Call us now at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Find out what you should expect from us when you schedule a service! Watch our video now.