Your washing machine drain is prone to clogging just as much as your sink drains and toilets are. Whenever you use this amazing plumbing appliance, soap scum, lint, dirt, sediments and all sorts of waste substances are transported from the washer’s hose to the main drain pipe where it is connected to. Over time, all these materials accumulate and get stuck in the drain pipe thus causing clogs in the system. Find out how you can clean it and get rid of the blockage properly. Check out our DIY guide.
1. Check your washing machine and look for its drain hose. It could be underneath the washer or at its back. Once you’ve located it, disconnect it from the main drain where it is hooked to.
2. Now you should use a drain cleaner that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals. We’ve always pointed this out so please choose the right cleaner. Check its label and read the instructions carefully. Follow the step-by-step guide on how to use it and proceed. Let the cleaner stay inside the pipe according to the manufacturers’ instructions.
3. Afterwards, test if the solution did the trick by pouring water into the drain. If the method didn’t work, get your reliable plumbing snake. If you don’t have one, you can rent this tool from plumbing supply shops. Insert the end of the snake into the drain’s opening. Turn the crank clockwise to push it further down the line. Once it reaches a solid object, you’ve located the blockage. Keep on turning the crank to break through the clog. If there’s no resistance anymore, slowly pull the snake out and pour hot water in the drain to wash away the remnants of the clog.
4. If, on the other hand, the clog is too stubborn to get rid of, you can use a power drill to add force to the snake. Drills usually have off-hand attachments that you can use to connect the snake to. Attach the tool to your power drill and once again insert the end of the snake into the drain. Secure the drill with both of your hands and hold tight so you won’t drop it. Once the snake reaches the clog, turn the power drill on and let it break through the clog. Slowly pull the snake out when you’re done and pour a bucket of hot water into the pipe.
5. Now when you have successfully removed the blockage, connect the washing machine’s hose to the drain pipe again. Secure the connection and make sure that it’s not loose. Let the washing machine run for a cycle and drain it. Make sure that there are no leaks. Voila! Problem solved!
We hope that you learned about washer drain clean out through our blog today. If the problem persists, just call the most trusted Coral Gables plumber for drain unclogging. Plumbers 911 Florida provides plumbing services in Coral Gables FL including drain pipe cleaning, plumbing appliances installation, plumbing fixture repair, water heater repair, camera sewer inspection, leak detection and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn all about our excellent plumbing services in Florida! Watch our video now.