Repairing underground pipes is quite a daunting task. However, with the right tools and supplies plus an adequate amount of plumbing skills and experience, it can actually be done with ease. However, know that we do not advice underground pipe repair to DIY plumbers. You’ll need special plumbing equipment and tools for such a project so it is best to leave this one to the professionals. To fix pipes buried deep in the ground, plumbing experts make use of professional-grade inspection cameras that capture the condition of a pipe’s interior and track down the location of clogs, crevices or breaks in the system and even root intrusions.
How will you know that your underground pipe needs repair?
There will be apparent signs that should indicate problems with your pipes. Here are a few that you should watch out for:
- Backups and overflows in the drainage system
- Waste substances won’t get flushed down the toilet
- Slow-draining pipes
- Foul odor coming from the drains
- Recurring clogs in the system
- Corroded, dislocated and broken pipes
- Hydro-jetting fails to remove clogs
- Ageing pipes
How do plumbing professionals repair underground pipes?
Several methodologies can be used to repair underground pipes. Generally speaking, the solutions can either use the “dig and replace” method or the “trenchless” method. As the term implies, the “dig and replace” method involves digging the pipe from the ground and replacing it with a new one. However, for pipes that are not accessible, such as those under your very house, the trenchless method turns out as a better option. Here are several no-dig solutions that are commonly offered by professionals.
- Mechanical Spot Repair – This type of method fixes the damage by applying the fix on the affected areas thus giving the pipe renewed stability.
- Cured-in-Place Piping (CIPP) – This method involves the inverting or pulling of a polyester tube, fiberglass cloth or other sustainable material inside the affected pipe with the help of water or air pressure.
- Slip-Lining – This method is perfect for fixing leakages or restoring the pipe’s stability. It involves the installation of a smaller fiberglass reinforced, PVC or high density polyethylene pipe into the damaged tube. Grout is applied on the space between the two layers and this can be done either in segments or continuously.
- Pipe Bursting – This method involves the breaking of the affected pipe from the inside with the intention of forcing the fragments out and installing a new replacement pipe.
We hope that our blog today gave you helpful information about underground pipe repair. If you need professional plumbing help, just look for local Hollywood FL plumbing professionals. Plumbers 911 Florida delivers exceptional plumbing services in Hollywood FL including plumbing repairs, drain pipe cleaning, leak detection, plumbing installation and many more! Call us now at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL)!
Learn how we provide reliable and trusted emergency services in Florida! Watch our video now.