We all know that plumbing problems arise when we least expect them. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent certain issues from ever happening. For instance, you may avoid getting toilet clogs by following these tips below!
1. To make sure that people won’t dispose of tissues, wipes and other sanitary products by flushing them down the toilet, put a garbage can in the bathroom. Place it somewhere visible and easily accessible such as near the bathroom sink or near the toilet.
2. You may have heard of “flushable” wipes and toilet paper that are available in the market. But have you also heard that these things are the number one cause of sewer problems in the United States? These things accumulate in the pipelines and eventually create clogs. For this very reason, we suggest that you don’t flush toilet paper down the toilet even if their manufacturer says they’re “flushable”.
3. Avoid over flushing the toilet. When you discover that one flush doesn’t do the trick, don’t ever push the lever again. Multiple flushing isn’t actually helpful and it may even worsen the problem. What you can do is use a bucket of water instead.
4. If you can’t avoid flushing toilet paper down the drain, just ensure that you do it individually instead of in large wads. Doing so will make it easier for the water to dissolve the toilet paper.
5. Don’t use your toilet tank as a countertop or a place where you can store your toiletries. They may accidentally fall into the toilet and result to a blockage.
6. Always shut the toilet cover when you’re doing your make-up or putting on your accessories and jewelries. This way, they won’t go straight down the toilet when you accidentally drop them.
7. Do you have kids at home? Make sure that you won’t let them play in the bathroom because there’s a big chance that they might flush their toys down the toilet.
8. Another important thing to do is to clean your toilets regularly. At the first sign of trouble such as a slow drain, use a natural drain cleaner right away. You can use baking soda and vinegar or hook the clog out with a plumbing snake.
9. Lastly, here’s a list of the things that you should never go down the toilet.
a. facial tissues
b. sanitary napkins / napkins
c. body wipes
d. dental floss
e. paper towels
g. coffee grounds
h. other feminine hygiene products
k. grease & oily substances
l. cigarette butts
We hope that you learned how to prevent a toilet clog from our blog today. If problems arise, call the best Jupiter FL plumbers for toilet unclogging. Plumbers 911 Florida provides reliable plumbing services in Jupiter FL including toilet repair services in Jupiter FL, drain pipe cleaning services in Jupiter FL, plumbing fixture installation in Jupiter FL, septic tank maintenance in Miami FL, camera sewer inspection in Miami FL and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn all about our amazing plumbing services in Miami FL! Watch our video below.