Remodeling a small bathroom is more challenging than large baths because of the restriction in space. However, it is exciting just the same! Now when most people hear the word remodeling, they think about wallet-ripping projects. But actually, renovations do not necessarily to be expensive. In case you’re in the process of planning a small bathroom makeover, here are some tips and ideas you might want to consider!
1. Installing a sink in the corner of the room is a great way to save space. It will also be advantageous if you set it across the toilet than across the shower. This way, the location is strategic and makes it easier for users to move on from one activity area to another without bumping on anything.
2. Instead of keeping a glass door, making use of a shower curtain is more space-saving. This way, it will be easy for a shower-tub to fit into the small area.
3. If you do not want to use a shower curtain, you can opt for a glass panel instead. It will save you space while preventing water from splashing out of the shower area.
4. Round vanities also make movement easy in small bathrooms. Square vanities consume more space so check how you can implement a round design on it.
5. And speaking of vanities, you can add a little illusion to the room. If you make the vanity float, the bathroom will look bigger and even give some space for small items.
6. Large patterns also make rooms bigger. So instead of going for small tiles, go for large ones. The same thing goes with paint or wallpaper.
7. Since you can’t have a lot of storage space, one important question you might ask is where you can put your towel. You can hang a wine holder on the wall or at the back of the bathroom door. Roll your towels and put them in the wine holder. You can also set up a towel bar on the glass panel.
8. When it comes to renovating a bathroom, fixtures are on the priority list. No homeowner would want a stained bathtub or a cracked toilet. So inspect these fixtures and see if the problem is minor. If the toilet tank only has hairline cracks, you can certainly fix those with the use of a repair kit. To get rid of stains, you can try baking soda and vinegar or stain removers from home improvement centers. This way, you won’t need to buy new ones and your expenses will be cut down.
9. To make a small room look bigger, choose light colors for the paint and wallpaper.
10. Change your lighting or upgrade it. You can add dim lights on the room to make it more relaxing for baths.
We hope that you enjoyed reading these small bathroom ideas we shared with you today. If you need your bathroom remodeled, just call the most trustworthy Briny Breezes plumbing contractors. Plumbers 911 Florida provides emergency plumbing services in Briny Breezes FL including bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, toilet repairs, plumbing fixture installation, water heater service and many more! Call us at Miami (305) 662-0668, Fort Lauderdale (954) 468-0512, West Palm Beach (561) 327-6287 to schedule a service now!
Learn all about our emergency plumbing services! Watch our video now.