As your sewer lines transport wastewater, some of the sticky waste substances stick to the walls of the pipes and accumulate over time. And once buildups occur, your sewer lines will get clogged up. Aside from blockages, tree root intrusion is another problem that you have to watch out for. And if you think that these two are the only problems that you have to worry about, the sad truth is that there are many more. Elements that could affect the condition of your pipes include high pressure, corrosion, temperature and aging. Now you have to remember that when pipes get damaged or clogged, they should be fixed right away. Otherwise, you’ll not only experience a lot of plumbing issues. You’ll also have to get ready for expensive repair expenses.
So what are obvious signs that signal sewer pipe repair? Well, here’s a short list!
* Ageing sewer pipes
* Corrosion, breakage and dislocation
* Failure of hydro-jetting to eradicate clogs
* Recurring clogs
* Bad odor coming from your indoor drains
* Weak toilets
* Slow drains
* Backups and Backflows
Now before you panic, also note that these symptoms don’t necessarily indicate problems in your sewer system. To be sure, you have to seek the assistance of plumbing professionals. They can inspect your sewer pipes for you with the use of high-tech gadgets and equipment. With their tools, they can identify if there are clogs, breaks or damages in your pipelines.
How are sewer pipes repaired?
During the older days, plumbers had to excavate pipes so that they could inspect them and perform repairs. Nowadays, there are so many efficient and less invasive methods that plumbing experts use. Here are some of them:
1. CIPP or Cured-In-Place Piping – This method involves the insertion of sustainable material inside the sewer line. It could be a fiberglass cloth or a polyester tube. This material will be placed inside the system with the use of water or air pressure.
2. Pipe Bursting – This method involves the rupture of the affected part of the pipe from its inside. This way, the fragments are forced out of the old pipe. And once the fragments are removed, a new pipe will be installed.
3. Mechanical Spot Repair – This method involves the repair of the specific part in the pipe that’s damaged. This way, the pipe is provided rehabilitated stability and efficiency.
4. Slip-Lining – This method is perfect for leaks or pipe restoration. It involves the insertion of a smaller (diameter-wise) high-density polyethylene, PVC or fiberglass reinforced tube into the affected sewer pipe. And to seal the space in between the two layers, grout is applied.
We hope that you learned about the importance of sewer pipe repair. If you think there’s something wrong with your drain lines, just call the best US plumbing contractor. Plumbers 911 provides local plumbing services in the US including camera sewer inspection, backflow prevention, septic tank installation, leak detection, plumbing fixture repair and many more! Call us at Miami (305) 662-0668, Fort Lauderdale (954) 468-0512, West Palm Beach (561) 327-6287, Washington DC (877) 932-5325, Boston (855) 550-9911, Missouri (816) 326-8643 or Kansas (816) 326-8643 to schedule a service now!
Learn about our exceptional plumbing services in South Florida! Watch our video now.