If you have a septic system – instead of a sewer connection – installed in your Illinois home, you are probably curious about septic tank cleaning in Chicago and how it can help you maintain your system’s good performance. Read on to learn how you can avoid future problems and make your tank last longer. In this article, you will also learn why investing in hiring a pro is a good decision when it comes to septic systems.
Understand How Your Septic Tanks Works
A septic tank is an essential component of your home’s entire septic system, so it is a must to keep it properly maintained to avoid problems with the whole sewage treatment system. But what exactly is a septic tank and what important role does it play in wastewater treatment?
Septic tank is an underground water-tight chamber where sewage is collected and digested by naturally occurring bacteria inside the compartment. Typically made of concrete, fiberglass, or PVC, a septic tank can last for many years depending on use and maintenance.
Ways to Care for Your Home’s Septic Tank
Septic tank should be regularly maintained to keep it working its best. When your tank and septic system becomes problematic, it can pose health and safety hazards to you and your family. Here are some measures you can take to ensure that your tank is working well and.
- Don’t overload your septic tank. Check for leaks frequently and replace existing plumbing fixtures and appliances with water-efficient models.
- Never flush huge and non-biodegradable matters down the toilet.
- Don’t pour oil and grease down the drain. Grease buildup can clog your pipes and cause serious problems to your septic system.
- Plant trees more than 100 feet away from the septic system and always make sure that no tree roots are making its way to your pipes and tank.
- Choose a high-quality garbage disposal and use it properly to avoid clogging.
- Hire a professional to perform septic tank cleaning quickly and efficiently. An expert will inspect your septic system and diagnose if cleaning would be necessary and if repairs or replacement would be needed to solve any existing issue.
Trust Plumbers 911 for All Your Septic System Needs
Plumbers 911 offers septic system and other plumbing services to all local homeowners in the greater Illinois area. Our Chicago plumbing experts will perform any necessary repairs and maintenance work to make sure that your system is running efficiently. Our services are among the best in the industry, and are available at reasonable prices so you can trust that we will not overcharge you for our services.
Issues with a septic system should never be ignored, but should be addressed in a timely manner to avoid bigger problems and higher repair bills. Don’t wait until the issue gets out of hand. Call one of our septic service specialists any time and any day and let us take care of your plumbing problems. At Plumbers 911, there is no plumbing problem we can’t fix!