When a faucet breaks and water shoots out of your kitchen sink tap while you’re washing the dishes, you’ll have to either shut the water supply valve completely or fix the faucet. What will you do if you’re taking a shower and the knob suddenly falls off? Or what if you’re in the middle of using your toilet and the flush lever breaks? Will you last the week using the pail to flush waste down? Or will you just fix the lever? Maybe the real question is, are you even capable of doing DIY plumbing? Well if you are, good for you! There will come a point in time when your plumbing skills will be tested and there’s nothing really bad about it except the inconvenience and the hours you’ll spend doing the repair. So to help you save time, money and energy with DIY projects, we want to share with you some practical tips when buying plumbing supplies! Shopping for parts and plumbing fixtures is definitely one of the most time-consuming aspects of DIY plumbing.
1. If you need replacement parts or an entirely new fixture to replace the old, broken one, make sure you’ll purchase the exact type. Surely different fixtures have different installation setups. So before you head out to the store, double check the old fixture, pipe or valve you’ll need to repair or replace and take note of the model, brand and type. Better yet, take the fixture with you so that you won’t waste time on playing guessing games with the supplier.
2. Do your research. Use the internet to search for the best plumbing trade supply shop in your area. Check for customer feedback. Ask your loved ones, friends or neighbor for referrals. Surely they’ll have some shops in mind.
3. When canvassing for an item, never rely solely on price. We know that money is hard to come by these days but remember that in the long run, more durable, high-quality items will save you more money. We’re not saying that you should go for the high-end items. Just don’t go for unknown brands and items on bargain sales. You won’t be able to tell how long will these things last or if they are even in good condition at all.
4. Ordering your stuff online will save you time. You can simply have the items delivered to your home. Of course, there aren’t that many 24-hour shops out there. So you’ll have to take note of an online shop’s cut-off hours to find out the item’s ETA.
5. Warranty is important. Always buy from plumbing suppliers that provide warranty. This will ensure that you can have the item replaced in case it doesn’t work not to mention that you’ll have peace of mind too.
We hope that you learned a lot from the tips we shared above! And should you need the help of reliable Miami Gardens plumbers, don’t hesitate to call Plumbers 911 Florida! We deliver the best and the most satisfying Miami Gardens plumbing services in FL that include but aren’t limited to toilet repairs, plumbing installation, leak detection, sub-metering and many more! Reach us by calling 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade), 954-468-0512 (Broward) or 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach)!
Need more tips when buying plumbing supplies? Watch this video!