Do you love fixing your plumbing system on your own? You’re a DIY enthusiast then, huh? Well, among the responsibilities that a DIYer has includes the provision of his own materials and supplies for the project. Since you’ll be working on the project, you will only have yourself to rely on even when it comes to shopping for your materials. Now shopping for plumbing supplies is sometimes meticulous. To help you choose the right store and pick up the right stuff for your needs, here are a few tips you should consider!
1. If you are looking for replacement parts for your faucet, shower or any other plumbing fixture, you must ensure that you’ll get the right type. There are different kinds of fixtures available in the market so you must not get confused about what you’re going to buy. For instance, if you have a cartridge faucet, make sure that you’ll buy the component for a cartridge faucet and not something for a compression faucet. These two are different in terms of their assembly so be careful.
2. Before you go to the supply store to get your materials, inspect the pipe, valve or fixture that you’ll work on. Take note of the brand, model or type to guarantee that you won’t make a mistake. It will also be beneficial if you take the old one with you to the store. That way, you can show the supplier what you’re trying to fix and he’ll help you pick out the right part.
3. Now it is always beneficial to do your homework. If you’re not sure about the parts and supplies that you’ll need, take advantage of the internet and use it to research. Check online resources just to ensure that you’ll be doing the correct plumbing repair.
4. Ask your friends or loved ones for referrals as to where it’s best to buy the supplies. It is great to ask DIY enthusiasts, too. If you personally know a plumber, then that’s way better.
5. Do not make a choice based solely on the price of the supplies. You’ll discover that sometimes, cheaper is not better. Bargain items are not always in great condition so be very careful and observant when doing your shopping.
6. Check the internet for product and store reviews. The World Wide Web is the number one go-to place of consumers when they want or need to share their experiences about products and services. Go to Yelp, Google+ or Facebook and you should be able to look into the feedback of customers about the plumbing supply shops you’re eyeing.
7. When doing online shopping, make sure that you’ll read the terms and conditions especially the part about shipping and returning wrong items. If you’re in the middle of a plumbing emergency, it is also better to get your supplies locally so that you won’t need to wait for the shipment to arrive.
8. Lastly, ask about the warranty of the items. Surely there are supplies that are bought with warranty. That will not only protect you as a customer but also give you peace of mind.
We hope that you found these tips valuable when buying plumbers supply. If you experience plumbing issues at home, just call the best Canton plumbing company for your plumbing needs. Plumbers 911 Boston provides reliable plumbing services in Canton MA including septic tank installation, fire sprinkler installation, gas system installation, sub-metering, home remodeling and many more! Call us at (877) 754-1048 to schedule a service!
Learn about the three big no-nos of DIY plumbing repair! Watch this video below.