Are you a DIY plumbing enthusiast? If you are, then you must know that shopping for your supplies is among your responsibilities. We know that this part of the job is pretty meticulous at times especially when dealing with complicated plumbing repairs. Don’t worry. Let us share with you some tips on how to get the right plumber supply and materials!
1. When shopping for faucet replacement parts (or replacement for any other fixture for that matter), you have to ensure that they’re appropriate for the type of faucet (or fixture) that you have. There are various types of faucets in the market (compression-type, disc type, ball-type, cartridge type) so you must clearly identify what yours is. Remember, a compression faucet part will not work with a cartridge faucet.
2. Before ordering your supplies online or going to a plumbing supply shop, make sure that you’ll first inspect the valve, fixture or pipe that you’ll work on. Make a list of the components that you’ll need. Note that type, brand or model of the fixture or valve. Or you can just take the old component, fixture or pipe to the store as a reference.
3. Don’t forget to research. If you have doubts about the supplies you’ll need, take advantage of the internet. Browse the World Wide Web to get awesome resources and valuable tips. There are a lot of websites out there that offer DIY plumbing advice.
4. Do you have loved ones or friends that are into DIY plumbing, too? Great! Ask them for referrals or suggestions on where to get plumbing supplies. It would be great to also check online forums and DIY sites to get ideas. There are websites that have affiliations to plumbing supply shops or home depots. Usually, they offer promotions or coupons that allow their fans or readers to purchase high-quality supplies with discounts.
5. Don’t make the price as the sole basis of your choice. Remember, cheaper isn’t always better. There are times when bargain items are no longer in good condition so take precautions and inspect supplies before paying for them.
6. Use the internet to read consumer feedback on plumbing materials that you would want to buy. There are a lot of websites where people share their reviews or testimonials on specific products and services. These include Google+, Facebook and Yelp among many others.
7. If you’ll order your supply online, don’t forget to check out the terms and conditions. Also verify how long will it take for them to ship your products and if it’s possible to return items. While it is convenient to shop online, note that it will be wise to just get your supplies from local shops if you are in the middle of a plumbing emergency.
8. Lastly, verify the warranty of items. Knowing how you are protected as a consumer is essential.
We hope that you loved these tips on how to shop for plumber supply. If you experience problems, just call the most reputable Dania Beach FL plumbers. Plumbers 911 Florida provides reliable emergency plumbing services in Dania Beach FL including home plumbing services in Dania Beach FL, commercial plumbing services in Dania Beach FL, plumbing repair services in Dania Beach FL, Dania Beach FL bathroom remodeling services, kitchen remodeling services in Dania Beach FL and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn all about the three big no-nos of DIY plumbing repair! Watch this video below.