Having a beautiful and functional outdoor kitchen is every homeowner’s dream. Think about barbecue parties and family get-togethers in the patio. What about memorable dinner dates with your spouse right under the stars? Or swimming parties with the kids while you’re busy cooking in your fully equipped outdoor kitchen? If you are thinking about having your kitchen remodeled or building a new one, read on and learn tips when buying fixtures!
1. Sinks in outdoor kitchens are exposed to a lot of elements: dirt, dust and what-nots. Therefore, they will require more cleaning. For this very reason, choose a sink made from a material that isn’t hard to clean.
2. Most people choose stainless steel sinks. These are classy, easy-to-clean and as the name implies, stain-free. However, if you want to go a different style, you can also make use of a fireclay sink. It’s also elegant and beautiful in its own way.
3. When choosing stainless sinks, there are several factors that you should consider: the gauge, the quality of the steel and the size. Obviously, the thinner the sink, the cheaper it becomes. The higher the quality of the steel, the higher the cost becomes. The bigger the sink, the bigger the price.
4. The thickness of the sink doesn’t really affect the functionality of the fixture. However, it affects the sounds produced when pots, pans and dishes are placed into the basin. Low-gauge sinks, being thin, obviously produce louder sound. High-gauge sinks provides a more pleasant protection against the weight of your cooking utensils and dining utensils.
5. The size is also an important factor to consider when shopping for a sink. Bar sinks are the smallest types and are great if you’ll only need it for washing your drink mixers and the likes. They measure about 12 inches on all sides and have about 6 inches of depth. Single-basin or single-bowl sinks are the next in line. These types commonly measure about 20 to 25 inches in terms of width and feature a depth of 10 inches. Double sinks are a combination of two single sinks. They usually have the same depth and their width range from 33 to 35 inches.
6. Sinks vary in shape, too. Some are rectangular, some are oval and some are round. Make sure that you’ll choose the type that suits not only the design but the purpose it will serve.
7. When it comes to faucets, there’s really no difference between those used outdoors and those used indoors. However, to ensure that the fixture lasts longer, you should go for solid brass instead of choosing the plastic or chromed metal types. The former lasts longer than the latter types.
8. In terms of faucet type, it is best to avoid using compression-types because they make use of rubber seals or washers that deteriorate quickly.
We hope that you enjoyed reading our tips when buying outdoor kitchen fixtures. If you need a new kitchen set up in your home, just call the most reputable Boynton Beach plumber for remodeling services. Plumbers 911 Florida provides first-rate plumbing services in Boynton Beach FL including kitchen remodeling, kitchen plumbing, bathroom remodeling, plumbing fixture repair, plumbing appliance installation and many more! Call us at Miami (305) 662-0668, Fort Lauderdale (954) 468-0512, West Palm Beach (561) 327-6287 to schedule a service now!
Learn all about our awesome plumbing services in South Florida! Watch our video now.