Are you a DIY plumber? If you are one, then you must know that buying tools and supplies for your projects is among your responsibilities. Unless you have someone who can get these things for you, then you’ll be the one to shop around for your own stuff. Some DIYers prefer to get their materials from plumbing supply shops and there are also those who are into online shopping. Ordering supplies online indeed has its perks such as saving significant amounts of time and energy. But if you are new in plumbing and is not that familiar with the trade, you must read our blog today and learn valuable tips when shopping for online plumbing supplies!
1. You can definitely get supplies from manufacturers. But remember, if they’ll most likely have lots of orders in queue. Try checking out e-commerce or retail sites. This way, you’ll have other options on where to get your materials. And while you’re at it, also compare and contrast prices. Surely, you are also budget-conscious and would like to save a few bucks.
2. If you’re a first-time online shopper and have no idea where to get stuff for your projects, don’t be embarrassed to ask your loved ones and friends for referrals. If you have trusted people who do their shopping online, ask them to provide you with a list of reputable sellers.
3. If you are friends with a plumber, ask him for tips as well. Plumbing professionals know where to get the best deals without compromising quality.
4. Do your research before checking out. While there are e-commerce sites that process refunds in a breeze, you surely wouldn’t want to get through all that trouble in the first place. Before hitting the buy button, review your cart items and guarantee that you have the correct dimension, type, model or brand for your items. If you’re not sure, consult a professional who knows what’s best or take advantage of Google’s wonderful search algorithm.
5. When picking out your materials, always remember that expensive doesn’t always mean quality and that cheap doesn’t always mean best. Choose the one that’s durable, functional and affordable at the same time. Surely there are materials that meet all these three requirements. All you need is patience and wisdom to be able to pick out the right one. Take time to compare products and browse customer reviews.
6. Before purchasing online, make sure that you have a list of the things that you have to buy. Doing so will help you create a single transaction only and have to the items delivered together. Why does it matter? Well, you will cut down on your shipping fee (unless the website offers free shipping) and also work on your project without any interruption since you have all the materials ready.
7. Always watch out for discounts or sales. Majority of e-commerce and retail sites offer discounts on specific times of the year. It will be advantageous to stock up on plumbing materials that you’ll need quite often such as putty, plumber’s tape, faucet parts, washers, fittings and even bathroom repair kits.
We hope that you learned tips when shopping for online plumbing supplies. If you need help with your plumbing, just call the most reliable local plumbers in the US. Plumbers 911 provides top-notch emergency plumbing services in the US including sump pump repair, septic tank maintenance, backflow prevention, drain cleaning, camera sewer inspection and many more! Call us at Miami (305) 662-0668, Fort Lauderdale (954) 468-0512, West Palm Beach (561) 327-6287, Washington DC (877) 932-5325, Boston (855) 550-9911, Missouri (816) 326-8643 or Kansas (816) 326-8643 to schedule a service now!
Do you need a local emergency plumber in Miami? Watch our video and learn about our excellent team!