We bet most of you pick up your phone and dial your friendly neighborhood plumber’s only when plumbing emergencies arise. Though that is a common occurrence, it should never be the case. Instead of seeking the help of a plumbing professional when you’re already desperate for the help, why not hire his services to also inspect and maintain your home? Doing so will avoid unwanted repair expenses and prevent damages on your property. So if you are planning to hire a plumber now, here are a few tips you should consider!
1. Hire a plumber who is licensed and insured. This is vital when making a choice out of a pool of candidates. Plumbing companies or plumbers who are licensed should be considered over those who aren’t. The license doesn’t only give them authority to provide plumbing services but also proves that they have undergone training and passed the plumbing exam. If you want to check the license of a plumber or plumbing company, you can contact your state’s licensing board or you may also get proof from the service provider directly.
Insurance, on the other hand, is very important especially if you’ll need new installations. Your home and your neighbor’s property should be insured just in case something goes wrong with the project.
2. Ask for referrals. You surely have loved ones or friends who have hired plumbers before. Ask them for suggestions to ensure that you’ll only transact with trustworthy providers.
3. Another way to research on a plumbing company or plumber’s service excellence is by reading online reviews. Consumers use social media and online review sites to share their experiences with businesses. You can check out the plumber’s Facebook, Google+ or Yelp pages to find out if they satisfy their customers or the otherwise.
4. Before choosing a plumber, you can pick about 3 candidates. Ask them for quotations on specific plumbing services that you’ll need. Compare their quotes and choose one that suits your preference and budget. Remember, there are plumbers that charge by the hour while there are those that also charge per project. Determine what goes well with your budget while not forgetting about the quality of work.
5. Consider the plumber’s years of expertise. As the saying goes, “Experience is the best teacher.” The more plumbing jobs a plumber works on, the better he gets at it.
We hope that you loved our tips when hiring a Miami residential plumbing contractor. If you are in need of professional plumbing assistance, just call a reputable Miami Shores Village plumber. Plumbers 911 Florida provides trusted plumbing services in Miami Shores Village FL including residential plumbing, home plumbing, commercial plumbing, plumbing repairs, emergency plumbing services and many more! Call us at Miami (305) 662-0668, Fort Lauderdale (954) 468-0512, West Palm Beach (561) 327-6287 to schedule a service now!
Check out the most common plumbing tools that plumbers use! Watch this video now.