Hire a Quality Kansas Plumber for All Your Leak Detection Needs
Plumbers 911 are Fully-Equipped in Finding Those Pesky Leaks
One of the easiest ways to waste water – and money – is to let a leak go unresolved. Often, plumbing leaks can hide inside your walls, under your floors, and even buried underground for months before the problem can no longer be ignored. With our Kansas plumbing services, you don’t have to let a small leak become a huge problem. Give us a call today to get those leaks found and repaired.
Some of the problems that a hidden plumbing leak can cause include:
- Mold and Mildew. Mold doesn’t grow in a dry environment, but a plumbing leak provides a breeding ground for mold where it doesn’t belong. Over time, damp wood, drywall, and other soft building materials begin to grow mold and mildew, which can in turn cause health problems for you and your family members.
- Mold isn’t the only problem that comes along with damp wood. Leaking water can rot out the wood in your home, from the studs in your walls to the subflooring that you rely on to hold the weight of you and all your belongings. What started out as a small leak can quickly become a huge problem when the structural stability of your home is compromised.
- Damaged Fixtures. Leaks in your faucets can damage the faucets themselves, and rust out metal sinks and tubs. These leaks often go undetected simply because many homeowners don’t realize that plumbing fixtures can leak, but the problem can usually be solved simply by replacing a seal or a handle.
- A Huge Outdoor Mess. While a plumbing leak inside your home is problematic, a drain or septic leak outside can be just as devastating. Lawns, gardens, driveways, and pools can all be affected when a water line or drain outside starts leaking. Depending on where it is, an outdoor leak can even start to rot tree roots and endanger the integrity of your home’s foundation.
How to Tell if You Need Professional Plumbing Services
Before a water leak gets out of hand, in most cases you should be able to tell that you may have a leaky pipe somewhere. Keep your eyes open for these tell-tale signs that you need a Plumbers 911 expert to start searching for a leak.
- A moldy or mildewy smell.
- Runny noses, watery eyes, or coughs that aren’t due to a cold – these could be caused by mold spores in the air, which may be particularly harmful to small children.
- Sudden or gradual loss of water pressure.
- Sagging, springy, or soft floors, or floor treatments (like laminate tiles) that seem to bubble up.
- Signs of water damage to walls or hardwood flooring.
- Rust around the bottoms of faucets and other plumbing fixtures, or rust stains on the counter around these fixtures.
- Loose tiles in or around your shower.
- A septic smell in your yard or home.
- Standing water in your yard, even though you have had no rain.
- Loss of water in your pool beyond normal water loss due to evaporation.
These are some of the most common signs that you may have a leak hidden in your home somewhere, but your particular situation could cause other signs. In rare cases, there may be no noticeable signs at all for a long time! Whatever the case, you should rely on our Kansas plumbing services the moment you notice signs of a water leak in or around your home – if you hesitate too long, you could be paying to replace flooring, drywall, faucets, tiles, carpet, or even the framing inside your walls as well as having your water leak repaired.
What To Do if Your Pipes Spring a Leak
Once you’ve noticed that there is a leak somewhere, the first thing to do is turn off the water coming to your house. Then, give your local Plumbers 911 technicians a call. We will send out a qualified expert to find and repair the leak, using sophisticated technology so that the job can be done with as little disturbance to your home as possible.
While you wait, clear out the general area where you suspect the leak may be. This could involve getting laundry baskets out of the bathroom, moving furniture in a room where mold has started growing on the wall, or clearing the cleaning supplies from underneath a leaky kitchen sink. Remember, too, that much of your plumbing is run beneath your house, so keeping your basement or crawlspace free from clutter will help your leaky pipe professionals get the job done that much faster.
Why Choose Our Kansas Plumbers?
When you count on Plumbers 911, you can rest easy knowing that you will be getting the best of the best in the area.
- We contract with local plumbers, so you won’t have to wait around all day for someone to show up from the next city.
- We offer 24/7 emergency services, because we know that water lines don’t always wait until regular business hours to burst.
- All of our contractors are licensed and insured – in the rare event that something goes wrong with a service call, you know that you are protected.
- We contract with several different plumbers in your area, so you know that the price will always be competitive.
Whenever you suspect that there is a leak in your home, look no further than our Kansas plumbing leak detection services. A Plumbers 911 technician will be there right away to help!