A drain clog is definitely frustrating especially when it arises just as you’re in the middle of an important task or activity. What if your kitchen sink drain gets clogged while you’re washing your dirty dishes and cooking utensils after a tiring party? What if you just did your thing in the bathroom and then later on finds out that the toilet won’t flush? These are just examples of unexpected and annoying instances when you need to act fast and attend to the problem immediately in order to avoid more inconveniences. With that being said, let us share with you some tips on how you can unclog the drain with vinegar. Let’s just say you’ll be fixing a clogged kitchen sink.
1. Remove any standing water in the washbasin. Scoop the water out with a disposable cup and transfer it to a bucket for disposal.
2. Get your white vinegar, baking soda, borax and salt. You’ll be trying out all these ingredients to eradicate the clog.
3. When you’re ready, empty a cup of grease-fighting dishwashing liquid into the drain hole. Afterwards, pour a kettle of hot water. Doing so will soften the grease and loosen the sticky substances inside the pipe.
4. After the hot water, empty a cup of baking soda into the drain. Add a cup of white vinegar.
5. Cover the sink drain with the stopper or use an old rag or cloth. Let the two ingredients combine and create a chemical reaction. Once the fizzing stops, remove the drain plug.
6. Pour another kettle of boiling hot water to flush the ingredients down.
7. Turn the tap on and test if the clog has been successfully removed. If the problem persists, repeat the process and just use the combination of vinegar, borax and salt.
8. Combine ¼ cup of borax, 1 cup of salt and ½ cup of vinegar in a bowl and pour the mixture into the sink hole. Let the ingredients break through the clog and get rid of the sticky substances inside the pipe.
9. Once done, flush the ingredients with hot water again. Perform a test on the drain to ensure that the problem has been resolved.
We hope that we’ve shown you how to unclog drain with vinegar through our blog today. If the problem persists, just call a reliable Rockville plumber to fix the drain. Plumbers 911 Washington DC delivers exceptional plumbing services in Rockville MD including drain pipe cleaning, leak detection, camera sewer inspection, septic tank care, backflow prevention, hydrojetting and many more! Call us now at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Learn why Plumbers 911 Washington DC is the best plumbing company in Annapolis MD! Watch our video now.