Your washing machine is one of the indispensable appliances you have at home. Without it, you’ll either wash your dirty clothes by hand or pay someone else to do your laundry for you. Either way, both are expensive and unnecessary. We’re pretty sure you wouldn’t want to spend much on laundry services especially if you have all the time in the world to wash your clothes anyway. The only problem is that sometimes, washing machines also become problematic. For instance, in the case of plumbing, you’ll sooner or later experience issues with your washer’s drain. Yes, they do get clogged up as well. Every time that you use this appliance, different kinds of waste materials and substances pass through the drain pipe. And you know what? Soap scum, dirt and debris also get stuck on the walls of the pipe and cause nasty clogs that will ruin your day. To avoid inconveniences, read on and learn how to unclog a washer drain pipe.
1. Locate the washer’s drain. It’s usually under or behind the appliance. When you’ve found it, you have to detach the hose that’s connected to it.
2. When you have detached the appliance’s drain hose, get your choice of specially designed washing machine drain unclogger. Make sure that you’ll get one without harsh chemical content in it.
3. Follow the instructions on how to use the drain unclogger. There are drain products that should be left alone for a small amount of time just to let them work their magic.
4. When the time is up and the unclogging is done, pour a bucket of hot water into the pipe. Check if the flow of water is already smooth. If it is still clogged, move on to the next step.
5. Get your handy dandy plumbing snake. Insert its wire end into the drain and turn its crank clockwise to push it further into the pipe. Keep on working on the crank until you feel some sort of resistance.
6. When you feel as if the wire is being blocked or that it’s touching a solid object, you have to keep on pushing the plumbing snake in. Doing so will break the clog into smaller pieces.
7. Now if the blockage is too stubborn, it’s time that you add more power to the plumbing snake. Slowly pull it out of the drain and make sure that you’ll dispose any waste material that has clung onto the wire.
8. Get a power drill and attach the snake to it. Most drills have off-hand attachments and yours should have one, too. Use that to connect the plumbing snake to the drill.
9. Once the drill is ready, insert the wire of the snake back into the drain until it reaches the clog. Then hold the drill with your two hands and turn it on. That should make the snake even more powerful in breaking through the clog.
10. When you’re done, slowly pull the plumbing snake out. Dispose of the waste materials and then pour a bucket of water into the drain. If the clog has been removed, re-connect the washing machine to the drain pipe again. You may now do your laundry.
We hope that you learned how to unclog a washer drain pipe. If the problem persists, just call your reputed Miami plumber to repair the washing machine pipe for you. Plumbers 911 Florida delivers first-rate plumbing services in Miami Springs FL including plumbing repairs, plumbing appliances repairs, plumbing installation, plumbing fixture repair, water heater service, drain pipe cleaning and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Find out why we are the best plumbers for your needs! Watch our video now.