Many of use aren’t that skilled when it comes to plumbing. That said, let these simple, easy-to-follow directions help you get your shower up and running in no time!
Replace Your Shower Head Using These Simple Steps!
- Gather your materials. You’ll need the following items:
- new shower head
- adjustable wrench
- plumber’s tape
- rag / washcloth
- Remove the old shower head.
- Remove the shower head from the pipe that extends from the shower wall. Use your wrench to grip the notch at its base and turn it counter-clockwise. Be careful not to apply too much pressure. Once the notch loosens, remove the old shower head and set aside.
- Wipe the pipe clean. Remove any debris, dirt, plumber’s tape, etc.
- Wrap the end of the pipe with plumber’s tape. Make sure the threads of the pipe are covered.Install the new shower head.
- Fit the new shower head to the pipe and turn it clockwise.
- Tighten until secure. You should not need to use a wrench; most can be tightened by hand.
- Run the shower and check for any leaks.
- If you notice leaks, attempt to tighten the shower head by hand a little more.
- Be careful not to over tighten.
Just follow the above-mentioned steps to learn how to replace a shower head. If you need shower or faucet repair, simply call the best Washington DC Metro plumbers, professional Miami plumbing experts or the most reliable plumbing company in California. Reach us through our websites or call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!