We have always talked about the effects of pouring grease down the drain and why it’s not advisable at all. If you’ll dispose oily substances and used grease through your drain pipe, they will eventually solidify which will then result to clogging. And when blockages take place, you’ll know what to expect next. You won’t be able to use the affected plumbing fixtures. Your daily routine will be disrupted. You’ll be in for a lot of inconvenience. And that is why we always say that prevention is better than cure. However, if you’re already experiencing this kind of plumbing issue at the moment, just check out our easy and simple DIY guide that will help you resolve the problem.
1. Get a medium-sized bowl and combine half a cup of white vinegar and half a cup of baking soda.
2. Pour this mixture into the affected drain and let it sit overnight. Plug the drain with an old cloth or rag. Don’t use the plumbing fixture until the next morning.
3. As the mixture passes through the pipe, it will try to fizz out the grease or oily substances that got stuck there.
4. The following day, boil two gallons of water in a pot. When it’s done boiling, remove it from the stove.
5. Pour half a cup of liquid detergent into the pot of boiled water. The detergent should have grease-dissolving features.
6. Remove the cloth or rag from the drain and carefully pour the hot water into the drain. Make sure that you’ll wear oven mitts to protect your hands. The hot water will wash away the remnants of the mixture.
7. Once done, run the tap and observe if the clog has been eradicated. If the problem persists, repeat the process of pouring hot water into the drain.
We hope that you learned how to remove grease from pipes from our blog today. If the problem persists, just call a trusted Frederick plumber to unclog the pipe for you. Plumbers 911 Washington DC delivers reliable plumbing services in Frederick MD including drain pipe cleaning, camera sewer inspection, backflow prevention, hydrojetting, septic tank maintenance and many more! Call us now at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Learn about our top-notch drain cleaning services! Watch our video now.