Being a homemaker is quite challenging especially when something goes wrong with your plumbing. Among the most common issues that homeowners encounter include clogged toilets, leaks from plumbing fixtures and of course, damaged faucets. If your kitchen faucet needs to be replaced or if you just need to install a new one, here’s a DIY guide that you can use as a reference. Remember, if you’re not really into DIY plumbing, better call a trusted and licensed plumbing professional!
1. Check the base of the faucet and find out if it has a rubber gasket that will secure and seal the fixture to the sink. If it does, then install it. If it doesn’t, just apply plumber’s putty onto the sink, specifically in the area where the faucet will be installed.
2. Afterward, install the fixture’s cover plate onto the sink. This isn’t always required and just depends on the type of faucet that you’re going to install. Ensure that you’ll place it in the center. Next, tighten the nuts under the sink with the use of a wrench or a pair of pliers. Just don’t over tighten especially if the nuts are made of plastic.
3. Now mount the faucet and tighten the hold-down nuts. Use your wrench or pliers for this task as well.
4. Once you’re done, connect the hot and cold water supply lines. These will be attached to the cut-off valves with the use of two wrenches. Guarantee that they are hooked to the appropriate supply pipes.
5. Now if your faucet has a pullout sprayer, proceed with the attachment of the counterweight. This will be hooked to the flexible sprayer hose.
6. Afterward, loosen the screw that secures the aerator. Remove the aerator and then keep it in a safe place.
7. When you’re done, turn the water supply valve on. Inspect the pipes under the sink and make sure that there are no leaks. If there’s water seeping out, get your wrench and tighten the fittings.
8. Now turn the faucet for a couple of minutes. This will remove the debris out of the plumbing lines. When the water is already clear, turn off the faucet and screw the aerator back.
We hope that you learned how to install faucet through our blog today. If you need assistance, just call the most trusted plumbing company in Sugar Creek MO. Plumbers 911 Missouri provides reliable plumbing services in Sugar Creek MO including faucet repair, plumbing fixtures installation, plumbing appliance installation, home remodeling, water heater repair and many more! Call us at 816-326-8643 to schedule a service!
Watch a demo on faucet installation! Check out this video we found on YouTube!