Grease is among the primary culprits of drain pipe clogs. For that very reason, we always tell you to avoid pouring this sticky substance down the drain. Grease doesn’t only stick to the walls of the pipes and hinder the smooth flow of waste water in the system. It also solidifies at low temperatures. And when that happens, expect a great deal of inconvenience due to clogging. To remove grease out of pipes, here’s what you can do:
1. Get a large mixing bowl, a cup of your favorite white vinegar and a cup of your favorite baking soda. Surely these ingredients are in your cupboard, right? They’re like cooking staples after all. Anyway, combine them in the bowl and mix them with a spoon to create an even solution.
2. After thoroughly mixing the ingredients, pour the mixture into the affected drain. Avoid using the affected sink or fixture overnight. Let the ingredients settle inside the pipe for them to fizz out the grease inside. Also remember that while this method is great for getting rid of minor clogs, it is also wise and practical to do this every week. That way, you’ll keep the drain pipe clear and free from buildups.
3. The following morning, start by boiling approximately 2 gallons of water. This should be enough to wash away the solution inside the pipe.
4. Add a cup of any liquid detergent that features grease-fighting properties in the pot with the boiling water. Mix the solution thoroughly as well.
5. Now pour the detergent and hot water solution into the drain pipe. Do this slowly and carefully to prevent accidents. Don’t forget that hot water easily burns the skin in just a matter of seconds.
6. After pouring the boiling water into the drain, turn the faucet on and let tap water get inside the pipe. Observe if the flow of water into the drain is finally smooth. If it is, you have succeeded in removing grease from the pipes. Otherwise, you’ll need to try other unclogging methods or call a plumber.
We hope that you learned how to get grease out of pipes from our blog today. If the problem persists, call a reliable Miami Springs plumber for your drain cleaning needs. Plumbers 911 Florida provides local plumbing services in Miami Springs FL including drain pipe cleaning, leak detection, plumbing installations, plumbing fixture repair, grease trap installation and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn how to clean a stinky sink drain effectively! Watch this video now.