Dripping kitchen faucets may not be the worst plumbing nightmare you’ll ever experience. But, it is annoying just the same. The constant dripping sound and the high water bill will surely keep you up at night. So to avoid more sleepless nights and unwanted expenses, the fixture must be fixed right away. Here’s how to fix a dripping kitchen faucet.
1. First of all, you must remove the allen screw. Pry off the faucet’s decorative cap handle with the use of a knife or a flathead screwdriver. Insert the Allen wrench and remove the screw in a counterclockwise manner to loosen it up. Once loose, lift the faucet handle off.
2. Once done, remove the faucet’s metal handle adapter. Accomplish this by removing the dome assembly screw that’s found just under the handle. Afterward, the metal handle adapter screw can be removed and lifted off. Remove the plastic pivot stop as well.
3. Next, get rid of the retainer nut with the use of slip-joint pliers. Turn it counterclockwise to remove the nut.
4. When you’re done, pry the brass retainer clip with the use a screwdriver. Pull the clip with the use of pliers. Be careful so you won’t lose it.
5. After removing the retainer clip, you should proceed with loosening of the cartridge. Just slip the plastic spanner cap over the cartridge. Twist it back and forth to completely loosen it up.
6. Once done, inspect the faucet parts and identify which one of those are already worn out. Grab the faucet cartridge stem with the use of your pliers. Pull it up and then start to replace each and every worn out part.
7. When all the damaged parts have been replaced, carefully re-assemble the fixture. Turn the supply valve on and check if the leak has been removed. If you need help with bathroom faucet repair, just visit our blog.
We hope that you enjoyed reading our blog today. If you need help with your plumbing fixtures, just call the most trusted plumber in Pembroke Park FL. Plumbers 911 Florida provides reliable plumbing services in Pembroke Park FL including plumbing fixture repair in Pembroke Park FL, sub-metering service in Pembroke Park FL, sump pump repairs in Pembroke Park FL and many more! Call us at 305-928-6854 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-361-1786 (Broward County FL), 561-440-1776 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn all about our amazing 24/7 plumbing services! Watch our video below!