Over time, the drain pipe where your washing machine is hooked to will collect gunk, lint, dirt, soap scum and other sticky substances. All these things can pile up and clog the drain pipe which will then lead to more inconvenience. Fortunately, you can call your trusted West Palm Beach plumber and he’ll arrive at your doorstep in a snap to fix the problem. However, if you want to know how this plumbing issue is resolved, check out this step-by-step guide we published on our blog page today:
1. Look for the washing machine’s hose which is either under the appliance or behind it. Once found, detach it from the main drain pipe so you can access the latter and fix the problem.
2. Get an effective, chemical-free drain cleaner. Mix it up as per the manufacturer’s instructions and then pour it into the tube. Make sure that you’ll let the cleaner stay inside the pipe as long as the instructions recommend.
3. When the allotted time is over, pour a bucket of tap water into the drain pipe to wash away any residue from the cleaner. Check if the blockage has been eliminated.
4. If there’s still some sort of obstruction in the pipe, it’s time to rely on a plumbing snake. If you don’t have one, you can either buy or rent this tool from plumbing supply shops.
5. Insert the end of the plumbing snake into the drain pipe and keep on pushing it until it touches on a solid object. Turn its crank in a clockwise direction while pushing forward to break through the clog.
6. If the blockage is too stubborn, you might want to attach the snake to a power drill to give the former additional force. Power drills usually have off-hand attachments or what we commonly describe as extra handles. These attachments enable us to hold the drill with both hands while turning the snake around and around to break through the clog. When you’ve already connected the snake to the drill, slowly insert its end into the drain pipe. Once it touches on the clog, turn the power drill on (while holding it with two hands) and let the snake spin forcefully to eradicate the blockage.
7. When you no longer feel any resistance, turn the power drill off and slowly pull the snake out.
8. Once again, flush the drain pipe with a bucket (or two) of tap water. Check if water will flow smoothly down the drain already.
We hope that you enjoyed reading our blog on how to clear washing machine drain. If the problem persists, just call your trusted West Palm Beach plumber to fix the drain for you. Plumbers 911 Florida provides local plumbing services in West Palm Beach FL including residential plumbing, commercial plumbing, plumbing appliances installation, plumbing fixtures repair, drain pipe cleaning and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Find out why your washer won’t spin or why it spins slowly. Watch this video now.