Time is valuable and it seems as if we’re always in a hurry. Fortunately, there are appliances, gadgets and other technological innovations that help us get through the hustle and bustle of life. In your home, the dishwasher is among these amazing appliances that provide us a great deal of convenience. It aids us when cleaning up after meals. It makes washing the dishes easier and faster. However, you should know that in order for it to stay in good condition and to keep it at optimum performance, it should be regularly cleaned and maintained. Here’s a DIY guide on how to clean your dishwasher drain.
1. Remove the plates or utensils inside the dishwasher. Also remove the plate racks for you to be able to access the drain without any hassle.
2. Once done, locate the appliance’s drain which is supposedly found at the back.
3. Detach the drain’s grate by popping it out or removing the screws that keep it in place. This task depends on the model and brand of your dishwasher.
4. When you have successfully removed the drain grate, prepare a mixture of soapy water. Use a scrub or an old toothbrush to clear the inside of the drain. Clean the grate as well.
5. Thoroughly rinse the drain pipe with tap water.
6. Install the grate back and make sure that you’ll secure it with screws or lock it in place.
7. Now before putting the plate racks back, you have to ensure that the drain pipe is clear of grease and sticky substances. Pour half a cup of salt into the drain. Afterwards, empty a cup of baking soda. Finally, pour two cups of white vinegar. This order should be followed.
8. Wait for the three ingredients to combine and create a chemical reaction. The fizzing effect will clear the drain.
9. Once the fizzing stops, get a cup of bleach and pour it into the dishwasher’s detergent dispenser.
10. Put the plate racks back in place. Run the dishwasher for a cycle and let the bleach clean the machine.
We hope that you learned how to clean dishwasher drain through our blog today. If you encounter problems, just call your trusted Gaithersburg plumber to repair your plumbing appliance drain. Plumbers 911 Washington DC provides reputable plumbing services in Gaitherburg MD including drain pipe cleaning, plumbing appliances installation, leak detection, backflow prevention, septic tank maintenance and many more! Call us now at (877) 932-5325 to schedule a service!
Learn dishwasher maintenance tips! Watch this video now.