The winter season is closing in and the temperature just gets colder by the day. What else can make us uncomfortable in the morning but having to take a bath in cold, freezing water? That said, we always have our water heaters to give us warm, relaxing baths!
However, just like any other appliance we use at home, we need to observe proper hot water heater maintenance to keep them functional and also to avoid getting ripped off by unexpected repairs.
Effortless Ways To Care For Your Hot Water Heater
- Keep your gas heater clean. Regularly rid of the sediments that build up at the bottom to lessen the amount of energy it takes for the device to heat the water.
- Flush and drain the tank at least once a year.
- Lower the temperature of your hot water heater. A temp of more than 125 degrees may damage the heater.If it’s a gas heater, just turn the dial to your preferred temperature and that’s it.
- On the other hand, if you have an electric heater, remember to turn off the power first. Then, check the panels to change the temp. Refer to your heater’s manual for instructions.
- Maintain just the right amount of pressure in the tank. If the pressure is too much, you’ll notice that there’s a leak in the pressure relief valve.
- Install water and gas safety valves to let the heater automatically shut down when there’s a problem.
- Inspect your tank’s liner when you get brownish water from your hot water faucet. It’s a sign of a possible rupture.
- Perform regular check-ups and stay alert for possible signs of water heater problems. These signs include but are not limited to:Rotten egg odor
- Heating incapability
- Rusty water
- Unusual sounds or noises
- Water leakage at the floor of the heater
These are effective hot water heater maintenance tips that will help keep your unit in great condition. If you need commercial or residential plumbing services in the US such as water heater care, only trust Plumbers 911. You may us through our websites: http://florida.plumbers911.com/ (Florida), http://washingtondc.plumbers911.com/ (Washington DC) or http://california.plumbers911.com/ (California). For immediate attention, call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!