Hair strands are apparently among the most stubborn substances that are so hard to remove from your sink drain. And the thing is, you just can’t prevent them from getting into the pipes. Even if you install sink plugs or screen traps, they can still get into the system. They’re slippery and stringy which make them easy to get carried away by water and later on stick onto the walls of the pipes. Now even if the removal of these things requires time and effort, luckily, it is something that can be done on your own. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to help you!
1. Remove the drain stopper and check if there are strands of hair caught on it. Lucky for you if these stringy strands are just stuck there because they’ll be easier to remove. Otherwise, move on to the next step.
2. Get your reliable plunger and try to get rid of the clog. The drain plug should be removed so that the hole will be easier to access. Position the plunger right on top of the drain hole. Make sure that the washbasin has enough water to cover the rubber part of your plunger. To get the best results, use hot water.
3. Once your plunger is in position, slowly create push and release movements. Don’t plunge too fast ‘cause that will just make the area messy and can also worsen the problem. Just keep a slow, consistent pace.
4. If plunging doesn’t resolve the issue, you’ll need to disconnect the trap and hook the hair out. Get a bucket and place it under the trap. With the help of your pliers, detach the pipe. Dispose any standing water into the bucket.
5. Check the pipe and remove strands or balls of hair that got stuck in it. If they are hard to reach, use a drain auger or a clothes hanger. Push one end as far as it will go. Twist it around and around. Slowly pull it out to dispose of the hair that you’ve just hooked out.
6. Re-install the trap. Run water into the sink again and observe if the flow of water is back to its normal pace. Also check for leaks under the sink. In some cases, people forget to tighten the traps. If you don’t find any issues, then the project is complete!
We hope that you learned how to resolve hair sink issues from our blog today! Should you need help with home plumbing, just call professional Cloud Lake plumbers in Palm Beach County FL! Plumbers 911 Florida delivers exceptional plumbing services in Cloud Lake FL including kitchen plumbing, kitchen remodeling, plumbing fixture installation, drain pipe cleaning and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL)!
Learn all about our plumbing emergency services delivered 24/7, 365 days a year! Watch our video now!