Plumbing is a very common task and almost every home has a plumber that they rely on. Homeowners mostly have lot of queries related to plumbing and this article shall actually help you to get the answers. So here is a few FAQ’s on plumbing for you:
- What causes pipe corrosion? :
- The PH of the water
- Chemicals found in water
- The temperature of water
- Oxygen found in water
- The water pressure
- How do I check leaks?
There is a very simple way to check for a leak. Note the water meter and record the water level. Do not use water for few hours and now check once again. This can be done best late at night or very early in the morning. If the water level changes, there is a leak maybe. Call a plumber in Chicago mmediately.
- Are hidden leaks anything to worry about?
Yes, definitely because leaks get bigger with time but they don’t cause heavy damage to your home. Know the benefits of leak detection and repair:
- Elimination and reduction of water loss
- Less risk of damage
- Won’t need sudden emergency repairs
- Less need for pressurization and water treatment
- Why is there so much noise in my toilet when I flush?
If there more noise while flushing, it means that water flowing to the tank is somehow getting restricted while refilling due to faulty or broken parts.
- How can I prevent my pipes from freezing?
When the temperature dips down to -32 degrees and less, there are chances that your pipeline water is freezing. Frozen water turns into ice which can lead to bursting of the pipelines. Before cold water sets in, drain the valves outside and shut off the interior valve. You can also install a faucet insulator.
- What all can and what can’t go down garbage disposal?
A garbage disposal can endure a lot but don’t let them it to be invincible. Always run cold water down the disposal to clear residue and oils seated in the system. Don’t throw anything big, chop into small pieces before disposal. Avoid disposing coffee grinds to prevent build ups.
- Why is my toilet running constantly?
While flushing your toilet, a lever function causing a flap to open in the tank and the water level pushes back when it comes back to position. There is a chain attached to the flapper and if that is either too short or long then it might cause a running toilet or flushing dysfunction.
- What is the cause of my heater’s relief valve leaking?
The relief valve can leak due to the high pressure that comes from your water heater. Here are the reasons:
- The water pressure of the incoming water from the main line is very high
- The pressure is building up due to thermal expansion.
The best way is to call a plumber!!
- What would I do with an overflowing toilet?
If there is a leak in the fill valve of your tank there can be a leak and for any other reason, call a professional plumber.
Now that you have the answers to most of your FAQ’s on plumbing, get in touch with a professional plumber. Call the agency for a scheduled maintenance because your plumbing needs to be looked after.