Plastic pipes are preferred plumbing pipes used in both residential and commercial establishments because of the advantages that they deliver. They’re used in water lines, gas systems and sewer systems due to their versatility and ease of installation. They are also reliable, safe and very durable. In fact, they can last for years granted that they are properly installed and maintained. So if you are planning to perform DIY plumbing and looking forward to learning how to install these types of pipes, read on and learn these valuable tips!
1. Avoid gluing pipes in a corner. Just layout and connect the pipes and fittings together. If there’s any part that should be glued, do it last so you won’t get stuck in a situation where you can no longer move and slide pipes together.
2. Use straps like J-hooks when you hang your pipes. These are relatively easier to use and will also allow you to perform hassle-free troubleshooting in case of a leak, blockage or whatever plumbing problem arises in the future. They also prevent your lines from cracking when the temperature changes and expands your pipes.
3. Plastic drain pipes should be supported especially those lines where extremely hot water passes through. Examples include the supply lines that you use for your hot water heating system or the drain pipes connected to your faucet and fixtures with hot water. Doing so will prevent the pipe from sagging despite the high temperature.
4. When cutting pipes as large as 2 inches in diameter, use a tubing cutter. Doing so will give you perfectly cut tubes that do not require deburring or shaving.
5. For pipes bigger than 2 inches, use a reciprocating saw that’s fitted in a dull wood blade. This tool will aggressively cut through the pipe easily without melting the pipe unlike metal blades.
6. Deburring pipes may seem daunting and time-consuming but it’s a task that you should not skip. Burrs will leave spaces in your connection which may result to leaks or affect the pressure in the system. For deburring, you can simply use a utility knife.
7. Don’t forget to seal the ends of your pipes. This will prevent air from escaping out of the pipe system thus keeping your water lines smell-free.
We hope that these tips about flexible plumbing pipe installation are helpful enough for a DIY plumber like you. Should you need professional assistance, just hire call the most trustworthy Palm Beach FL plumbing service providers, the most trusted Washington DC Metropolitan plumbers or the most dependable Calaveras CA plumbing experts.
Plumbers 911 delivers top-notch and affordable plumbing services in the US including plumbing fixtures installation, plumbing appliances repair, home remodeling, camera sewer inspection and many more! Call us today at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!
Want to learn how to cement PVC pipes? Watch this video!