Installing a bathroom faucet is not a tricky job but it does involve a considerable amount of work. Just remember though that you must use the right plumbing parts and adequate plumbing skills to be able to install your faucet properly. If you want to learn how this is done, read on and learn from the best plumbers in town! But remember, don’t experiment with your plumbing. If you’re not sure about what you’re doing, it will be best to call your trusted and licensed neighborhood plumber!
1. First of all, clear the area or fixture where you will install your faucet. Make sure that it fits. Test the rubber gaskets and valves too if your faucet pack has them. Then, slide the faucet’s tailpiece through the hole in the sink.
2. Afterward, thread the faucet washer and mounting nut. Connect them onto the tailpiece and make sure that they’re snug. Slide the valve assemblies into their respective places and then secure or tighten the connection. The parts should be watertight so that water won’t spray out of the fixture when you turn it on.
3. If, on the other hand, your bathroom faucet does not have rubber gaskets, you have to apply plumber’s putty onto the components prior to inserting them through the holes in the sink or the countertop.
4. When you’re done, connect the water supply pipes to the faucet’s tailpieces, assuming that you’re installing a two-handle faucet. Of course, if you’re installing a single-handle faucet, there should only be one tailpiece. Secure them with their screws and then tighten these parts with your reliable wrench.
5. Once done, connect the faucet valves to its spout. Make sure that you’ll thread the valve’s ends before connecting it to the piece with a pipe-wrapping tape. Secure the parts with the screw. Use your hands to tighten the screw and then finish up with your wrench.
6. When you’re done with the assembly, proceed with the installation of the drain pop-up if your faucet has one. This component plays a vital role in your faucet assembly. Remove the current drain tailpiece and then proceed with the installation of the new one. Make sure that the spring clip will be placed at the pivot rod’s end because that’s the one which will be responsible for lifting the rod.
7. Afterward, push the lift rod right into the spout’s hole. With the use of the spring clip and the extension rod, connect it to the pivot rod. Check if you need to adjust the drain stopper. Guarantee that it will open and close smoothly.
8. Connect the faucet’s supply lines to the installed shutoff valve on the wall. Turn the flared fittings or compression nuts in a clockwise manner with the use of your finger. When it’s already snug, tighten the connection with the use of your wrench.
9. Now it’s time to test your faucet! Turn the water supply valve on then turn the faucet on as well. Let the water run for a few seconds and don’t forget to check the components for leaks.
We hope that you learned how to install faucet plumbing properly. If the problem persists, just call the most reliable South Palm Beach plumbers. Plumbers 911 Florida provides exceptional plumbing services in South Palm Beach FL including South Palm Beach FL faucet repair services, kitchen remodeling services in South Palm Beach FL, water leak detection in South Palm Beach FL, plumbing fixture installation in South Palm Beach FL, South Palm Beach FL bathroom remodeling services and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Is your faucet dripping? Learn how to fix it! Watch this video to get tips.