A successful bathroom remodel doesn’t necessarily mean that it should be expensive. Choosing the right fixtures; focusing on the areas that need the improvement and working with the right contractor will help you save money on your project. If you are a DIY enthusiast, then you’ll save even more. However, you should remember that you’ll invest more of your time and energy when you choose to do the remodeling on your own. Anyway, here are a few tips to help you create a well-thought and well-planned budget for your renovation.
1. There’s no need to change all the fixtures. If your tub or porcelain sink are still smooth but yellowing, try to clean them first. Don’t go rushing to the nearest home depot to get a new tub or a sink without ensuring that yours are still good for use. Now never clean your fixtures with abrasive cleaners. That’s a big No-No. Simply use a good dish soap and a nylon cleaning pad. Gently wipe the stained areas until they look sparkling new again.
2. To upgrade the look of your bath, you can also just change your faucets and shower heads. That will make the room look more appealing without needing to shell out so much money. You can even cut down on your utility bill by buying a water miser, a plumbing accessory that regulates and reduces the amount of water that comes out of your fixtures.
3. Another aspect you might want to makeover is your bathroom cabinet or vanity. If you have a pretty decent vanity, you can make it look new again by changing its color or upgrading its door style. You may also add new storage so that you can keep the toiletries, towels and what-nots out of sight.
4. Re-grouting is also another way to go. If your tiles still look nice but just a bit dirty or moldy, just have them cleaned and replace the grout. We promise. They will sparkle as if they’re new again!
5. Lighting is an integral aspect of any room renovation. Dim light can make the room a bit more pleasing to the eyes while a bright light can make it look refreshing. Instead of adding expensive hanging lights, you can simply change your current lighting to a new model that has a dimmer switch. This way, you can either dim or brighten it without overspending.
6. Repaint. If you’re tired of seeing the same hues, simply repaint your bathroom. Choose lively colors to add energy to your toilet and bath. Search the internet for design suggestions and you’ll surely find one that will suit your taste.
7. Add simple yet stylish decors. You can change your curtains; hang a new mirror; place accents on your countertop such as a vase of fresh flowers or scented candles; install new towel bars or hang paintings on the wall, too. There are absolutely a lot of things that you can do to beautify your bathroom without spending too much.
We hope that you learned a lot of tips on having a budget bathroom remodel. Should you need professional help with your renovation project, just hire the best US plumbing experts. Plumbers 911 delivers exceptional local plumbing services in the USincluding bathroom remodeling, toilet repair, plumbing fixture installationand many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!
Learn all about our amazing kitchen remodeling services! Watch this video now.