The winter season is closing in and the temperature just gets colder by the day. What else can make us uncomfortable in the morning but having to take a bath in cold, freezing water? That said, we always have our water heaters to give us warm, relaxing baths!
However, just like any other appliance we use at home, we need to observe proper hot water heater maintenance to keep them functional and also to avoid getting ripped off by unexpected repairs.
Effortless Ways To Care For Your Hot Water Heater
- Keep your gas heater clean. Regularly rid of the sediments that build up at the bottom to lessen the amount of energy it takes for the device to heat the water.
- Flush and drain the tank at least once a year.
- Lower the temperature of your hot water heater. A temp of more than 125 degrees may damage the heater.If it’s a gas heater, just turn the dial to your preferred temperature and that’s it.
- On the other hand, if you have an electric heater, remember to turn off the power first. Then, check the panels to change the temp. Refer to your heater’s manual for instructions.
- Maintain just the right amount of pressure in the tank. If the pressure is too much, you’ll notice that there’s a leak in the pressure relief valve.
- Install water and gas safety valves to let the heater automatically shut down when there’s a problem.
- Inspect your tank’s liner when you get brownish water from your hot water faucet. It’s a sign of a possible rupture.
- Perform regular check-ups and stay alert for possible signs of water heater problems. These signs include but are not limited to:Rotten egg odor
- Heating incapability
- Rusty water
- Unusual sounds or noises
- Water leakage at the floor of the heater
These are effective hot water heater maintenance tips that will help keep your unit in great condition. If you need commercial or residential plumbing services in the US such as water heater care, only trust Plumbers 911. You may us through our websites: http://florida.plumbers911.com/ (Florida), http://washingtondc.plumbers911.com/ (Washington DC) or http://california.plumbers911.com/ (California). For immediate attention, call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!
A new shower head might be a luxury or a necessity. Either way, it’s easy to replace the old one yourself. The only question is how to replace a shower head?
Many of use aren’t that skilled when it comes to plumbing. That said, let these simple, easy-to-follow directions help you get your shower up and running in no time!
Replace Your Shower Head Using These Simple Steps!
- Gather your materials. You’ll need the following items:
- Remove the old shower head.
- Remove the shower head from the pipe that extends from the shower wall. Use your wrench to grip the notch at its base and turn it counter-clockwise. Be careful not to apply too much pressure. Once the notch loosens, remove the old shower head and set aside.
- Wipe the pipe clean. Remove any debris, dirt, plumber’s tape, etc.
- Wrap the end of the pipe with plumber’s tape. Make sure the threads of the pipe are covered.Install the new shower head.
- Fit the new shower head to the pipe and turn it clockwise.
- Tighten until secure. You should not need to use a wrench; most can be tightened by hand.
- Run the shower and check for any leaks.
- If you notice leaks, attempt to tighten the shower head by hand a little more.
- Be careful not to over tighten.
Just follow the above-mentioned steps to learn how to replace a shower head. If you need shower or faucet repair, simply call the best Washington DC Metro plumbers, professional Miami plumbing experts or the most reliable plumbing company in California. Reach us through our websites or call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or (877) 932-5325 (Washington DC)!
Garbage disposal maintenance isn’t something to be taken lightly. It should be taken rather seriously and done consistently. Otherwise, you’ll not only find your kitchen sink covered with filth and grime but also offend your nose with such an unpleasant odor.
In order to maintain proper garbage disposal, you’ll need a great deal of discipline. Aside from making sure that food items are disposed of the right way, you also have to care for your garbage disposal system. Continue reading Simple Garbage Disposal Maintenance Tips For The Home
Doing repairs on your plumbing system is not as hard as you would think. However, it becomes much easier if you are properly educated and have the proper advice to do the job. Take some tips from here to get that plumbing job done on your own terms.
Tightening a pipe too much is as bad, if not worse, than a loose fitting pipe. You can damage the threads and even crack the pipe, so be sure to tighten to the point of stopping leaks, and nothing more.
Remove the hose from garden spigots as cold weather moves in. Failing to do this will damage the indoor water pipes that are connected to these hoses. Garage hookups that stay above the freezing mark are safe places to leave connected. Continue reading Use These Tips To Handle Emergency Plumbing Situations