Remodeling your bathroom is such an exciting project. One of the best and easiest ways to boost the room’s appearance is to upgrade your fixtures; re-paint the walls or change your tiles. If you are trying to figure out the perfect tiles for your bathtub, read on and get these helpful tips we compiled just for you.
1. When choosing bathtub tiles, make sure that your plumber can still easily get to the access panel of the tub fixture. You’ll never know when the faucet starts to leak or gets worn out and it will be best to have it easily repaired in such cases. You might want to consider installing a removable tile that will still cover the tub’s access panel.
2. Remember, larger tiles are easier to work with but smaller tiles are easier to install along curves. Pick the right size that you can install and repair without any hassle.
3. Consider who will use that specific bathroom. If kids are going to use it, you’ll have to pick out tiles that are not slippery. To make the tub area safe for your little ones, you can choose tiles that feature several grout joints. Remember that getting in and out of the tub is especially tricky for children.
4. Choose colors that will go well with the rest of the tiles in the room. Consider your bathroom’s theme, too. If you have a fairly small room, remember that bright colors will make the room larger while darker hues will make it appear even smaller.
5. If you want to add a natural effect to your bathroom or tub area, try going for travertine, slate or marble tiles. These natural stones are gaining popularity nowadays but there are also porcelain and ceramic tiles that replicate their features.
6. There are times when tiles get a little cold. If you want your feet to stay warm, install some underfloor heating. They are not costly at all.
7. When doing undermount tub installations, you can have the corners of the tiles cut at an angle of about 45 degrees. This will make the water that lands on the edges flow back into the tub.
8. If you want tiles that are water resistant, you can go for glazed ceramic tiles. They are less expensive than other types and are pretty hassle-free to install and repair.
9. The smooth texture of the tiles is important, too. The smoothness repels water and restrains mold growth as well.
We hope that you enjoyed reading our blog on how to choose among bathtub tile ideas. If you need help with your bathroom makeover, simply hire the most trustworthy Davie FL plumbing experts. Plumbers 911 Florida delivers exceptional plumbing services in Davie FL including bathroom remodeling, plumbing fixture installation, toilet repairs, faucet repair, kitchen remodeling and many more! Call us now at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL) to schedule a service!
Learn how to properly clean a bathtub to keep it in great shape! Watch this video now.