We believe nobody has ever been exempted from experiencing clogged drains. Unless you’re so meticulous when it comes to housekeeping, you’ll sooner or later encounter slow draining or standing water in your sink. And that’s not a serious problem at all. Clogs are easy to resolve as compared to other plumbing issues. In fact, instead of using strong chemicals, most of us professionals in the plumbing industry recommended the use of natural home remedies for DIY purposes. You don’t really need toxic cleaners to get rid of clogs because they’ll only damage your pipes over time. So today, let us share with you a detailed DIY guide on removing drain clogs with the help of vinegar.
1. Get a cup of white vinegar or vinegar concentrate. Pour it into the drain pipe and let it stand for about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. When the time is up, flush your sink or tub drain with hot water. It is also recommended to make use of freshly boiled water instead of hot water from the tap.
3. Get your plunger and fill the washbasin with water. Position your plunger right on top of the hole. Start plunging and make sure that you’ll maintain a consistent, slow pace.
4. After about 15 to 20 repetitions on the plunger, it’s time to check if the method worked. Run the tap and observe as the water drains. If there are still issues, you should repeat the process and add baking soda to your supplies.
5. Pour a cup of baking soda into the drain hole. Once done, pour a cup of vinegar. Let the two ingredients create a fizzing effect and get rid of the clog.
6. After a few minutes, pour boiling hot water into the drain. Repeat the plunger activity again. Check the drain and make sure it’s working properly. If it’s not doing what it’s supposed to, then you might need to remove the trap and hook the clog out. When it fails, just call your friendly plumber!
We hope that you enjoyed learning how to unclog drain with vinegar! If you need help with plumbing issues at home, just find local plumbing service providers in the US! Plumbers 911 delivers affordable yet first-rate plumbing services in the US including plumbing fixture installation, leak detection, kitchen remodeling, backflow prevention and many more! Call us at 305-662-0668 (Miami-Dade County FL), 954-468-0512 (Broward County FL), 561-327-6287 (Palm Beach County FL), 800-731-1139 (Central Valley CA) or 877-745-3257 (Washington DC)!
Learn all about the most common plumbing problems you should prepare for! Watch our video now!